Technology

Pages

Jumat, Oktober 31, 2014

Kayla

My First English Short Story

KAYLA
Oleh: Iqbal El Kharis

I sat on the bus stop, waiting for my close friend, Ardy, and rereading my grammar notes. It was a hot day and and I felt really tired after joining a very confusing lesson, grammar class. Hm, I have to force myself if I want to be a good in grammar. I knew I was so stupid in grammar.

My phone rang. One message received from Ardy.
Sorry, I’m not sure
I can finish my job soon
Just leave me, Raka..
Sorry…

I sighed after I had read Ardy’s message. I looked at my phone to know what time it was. 03.50 pm. Oh, shit! I had been waiting him for twenty minutes and he cancelled our plan to go to Gramedia to look for a book. Yeah, I knew he was a leader of Student Executive Board of English Department. It meant we hadn’t much time to go and do everything together again.

I replied Ardy’s message to say “thank you for making me wait”. Suddenly,
“Raka,” I heard someone called me. I was staring at everyone around me to find someone who had called my name. I was surprised even I was almost shocked. I found her face with a very beautiful smile. I found someone I love, Kayla. But, please don’t think that Kayla is my girlfriend. She was only one of my friends in my campus even though we were in the different class. I was only her secret admirer. I loved her very much beyond that I was afraid of telling her the truth. I was afraid of showing her my feeling. I was nervous when we were talking to each other. So, she didn’t know that I really loved her. I adored her, too.

“Hei, are you daydreaming? I am still talking to you,” she surprised me and made my daydream ended. I glanced at her. She kept on her smile although I didn’t listen what she said.

“Sorry.”

“It’s OK. No problem. That’s not important but don’t replay it.” She threatened and received my apology.

“Ehm… Oh yeah, where have you been? Usually, you back home earlier everyday. Moreover, this is Wednesday. You just have two subjects today, right?”

“I have a secret business,” she whispered.

“Secret business?” I frowned, confused.

“Ha…ha… Just kidding,” she mended the reason, “I must finish my speaking assignment with Rara. Ms. Nina asked us to present it in front of my class tomorrow.”

“Oh, I think…”

“What?” She cut my words.

“Ehm… No, no, no. Forget it!” I answered and pretended taking something in my bag.

“Okey. But, wait a minutes. You make me curious. You know my schedule. You know that I always go home earlier and also you know that today I only have two lessons. What does it mean, hah?”

Oh my God. I had made a mistake. How could I say that? Now, how can I answer Kayla’s question? It’s impossible if I say, “Of course I know it at all. Of course I know your schedule. I have known you so well because I love you. I have known those because I’m your secret admirer.” No, I couldn’t say that.

“Raka. Are you with me, hah? Don’t say that you’re daydreaming again and didn’t hear my question,” I looked a little forced smile on her face. I felt guilty.

“Oh, ehm, it was…”

“It was what?”

“I know your schedule because Ardy is in the same class with you, right? Ardy is my close friend so that I know his schedule like I know yours.”

“Not. That’s not the answer, Raka. Your eyes say that you were lying.” She cried then and I just silenced. I wanted to wipe off her tears but I didn’t do that. I couldn’t do that exactly.

“You’re a liar, Raka. I know your feeling and I know you love me from the first time we met. You love me like I love you at our first sight, Ka. I love you, too.” She said then she ran. She Left me alone here, watching her leaving without doing nothing.

“I’m sorry. I love you, Kayla. I love you so much but I can’t say it. I’m sorry. Maybe, toworrow I will do it. If I can.”

1 komentar:

aeru mengatakan...

What a cliffhanger..